Meet the Doc
Dr. Beth Ringwelski DC, CCSP graduated from Northwestern Health Sciences University's College of Chiropractic in Minnesota. She is originally from Racine, Wisconsin.
At the age of 15, Dr. Beth was told that her constant low and mid back pain was due to scoliosis. Her medical physician told her to take aspirin for pain and return for a check up in two years. After a few months of still being in constant pain, she discovered chiropractic. Within a few months, her pain was gone and her scoliotic curve was improving. She knew she had to pay it forward and decided to become a Chiropractor. She started to shadow her local chiropractor and has worked in clinics all throughout her undergrad college years thus giving herself 6 years of experience even before walking through the doors of Northwestern College of Chiropractic.
After graduation, she traveled abroad to learn what chiropractic medicine is like in Europe as she worked closely with a French chiropractor from the Institut Franco-Européen de Chiropratique practicing in Western Germany. She also enjoyed the friendly enviornment of the European clinic and has implimented those qualities into Riverwest Chiropractic Center.
Dr. Beth is passionate about muscle and soft tissue work. She is one of the few hundred Elite Providers in the world for Active Release Techniques (ART®) with Full Body certification - Lower Extremity (LE), Spinal (SP), Upper Extremity (UE) and Long Tract Nerve Entrapments (NE). Our bodies cannot function properly without the muscles and bones working symbiotically with one another. She is also certified in a therapeutic taping system called RockTape® as well as being certified in Graston Technique® which helps remove scar tissue and adhesions in our bodies.
Sports are a big part of Dr. Beth's life. Her goal is to return people to the activities that they love in a quick and pain-free manner. As a runner in her free time, she has also found she really enjoys treating sporting injuries. Dr, Beth is a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP) given by the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians. This certification requires completing an additional 120 hours of postgraduate work in sports specific studies and passing a comprehensive examination.
Dr. Beth takes great pride in her extremity adjusting. From ankles and knees to elbows and shoulders, she believes in giving the patient the best possible outcome.
Dr. Beth was the Chiropractor Captain for the 2013-2017 Racine Ironman 70.3. She has also had the great honor to treat well-known Elite and Olympic Pro Beach Volleyball players at the 2014 AVP Milwaukee Open. In 2016, she also completed a US Olympic Training Center rotation in Colorado Springs, CO. Not all chiropractors are eligable for this honor - you must have years of experience in Sports Chiropractic, be invited by the USOTC and be a CCSP or higher. At the Olympic Training Center, she had the year privilage of treating many 2016 Rio Olympians as well as 2018 PyeongChang Olympic hopefuls. She is returning to the Olympic Training Center in 2018.
In her spare time, Dr. Beth likes to run. She has completed 13 marathons, is a 2x Boston qualifier and a 2018 Boston Marathon finisher. She also enjoys swimming, cycling and triathlon as well as volunteering for races for the Badgerland Striders. Dr. Beth is also an RRCA certified running coach.
Dr. Beth completed the 48-hour Nutrition Certificate required by the State of Wisconsin for Chiropractors to recommend healthy diets as well as suggest specific natural supplementation to patients based on each individual's needs.
She is also currently studying to be a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS).
Dr. Beth is in the Volunteer Sports Medicine Program with the USA Olympic Committee.
Accolades, Accreditations, and Achievements
- Certified in Full Body Active Release Techniques (ART®): Lower Extremity (LE), Spine (SP), Upper Extremity (UE) and Long Tract Nerve Entrapments (NE). Member of their Elite Provider Network which works in Corporate settings
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP®)
- Certified FMT (Basic and Performance) provider with ROCK TAPE®
- Graston® Soft Tissue Technique Certified
- 2016 & 2018 USA Olympic Training Center Volunteer - Sports Medicine
- 2013-2017 Chiropractic Captain for the Racine 70.3 Ironman®
- Chiropractic/Medical Physician for the 2014 AVP Milwaukee Open - Beach Volleyball
- 2013 Physician for the Wisconsin Marathon & Half Marathon
- Badgerland Strider Member
- Nutritional Counseling Certificate issued by the State of Wisconsin
- 2018 Boston Marathon Finisher
- American Chiropractic Association (ACA) Member
- ACA Chiropractic Sports Council (ACASC) Member
- Internation Federation of Sports Chiropractic (FICS) Member
- RRCA Certified Running Coach